How to work from home
New to working remotely? Here are some 'do's and don'ts'.
New to working remotely?
Here are some 'do's and don'ts':
- Use your desk, not your sofa. Sitting comfortably and correctly is important.
- Break your day into 55 minute 'focus time' slots, then take a quick break, grab a drink, stretch.
- Try not to over-compensate because some people think remote workers are lazy. Show your worth by delivering, not pandering.
- Be wary of friends and family who will assume that now you're home, you're available all day for social calls and errands.
- By all means, be flexible, but remember there are people who will need to reach you, especially during office hours.
- Try not to become a social hermit, though that may be more challenging than usual right now with the Covid19 outbreak.